I stayed up a tad too late last night. But the internet was soo good. I typed like the whole first day blog... took hours.. LOLOLOL. Good stuff to type though so it was worth it. The only reason it wasnt worth it is cause I wore my body out some more and opened myself up to an infection on my nose. FEVER BLISTERS. Right on the side of my nose. I thought it was like a pimple but oh naw... it's like fever blisters. No medicine with me either. Dag.
Today I was the last one out the room. But that was ok cause I didnt want to get up early and I had alot to do. Today I had a photo shoot, an interview with the Outreach magazine and getting ready for our graffiti/dj expo tomorrow.
I missed breakfast and I think I even missed the general session, but I made it in time for the workshop Kevin and Rachel were doing for children.
Nobody knew what to expect in this workshop. Past history on these has not shown an excitement and low numbers. This time would be different. The attendance was good and the crowd was VERY attentive. Kevin even tried to stop so people could get on to the general session getting started downstairs and a lady spoke out and said with here program book, "Wait, it says we have 30 more minutes, the session doesnt start till 9:00." And everyone in the room was agreeing out loud... "Yeah!!". So... They kept on. Even the first question asked from the same lady generated an agreement from everyone like, "Yea good question.. yea good one." These people were hungry for advice like we had never seen before.
Alot of them wanted information on discipline. I guess alot of churches reached unchurched neighborhood children but then can't handle them once they got them. Making it a burden and for many wondering why the even do it. It was awesome to be able to offer sound advice on House of Faith's 12 year experience on subjects like these. Some people said that they came all the way out San Diego just to attend our workshop. Man.. very humbling stuff.
After the workshop (and me putting Kevin and Rachel's picture all over the free internet laptops) I headed back to the room to cut my hair, shave and get ready for the photo shoot later on. Still with my red nose from fever blisters, the lady told me that I was gonna have to wear make up and they would photoshop all that out on the computer... whew... lol.
transmission ended -----
No comments:
Post a Comment