Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Power Outage and More AFRICA!!!

Well the other day I blogged but the power went out and I could not get back on the internet. The power has been going off alot around here lately.

I forgot again where I left off... lol... well,

This weekend we took a break and traveled the cost of Africa. It was AMAZING... I dont know where else in the world I could go to top the stuff I saw. Im thinking Asia, Antartica or Australia... thats probably it. You will have to see my pictures when I get back. The ocean is so AMAZING with the mountains and land its almost unbeliveableelele.... I even got to like walk around with babboons. Them fools are CRAZY. Dont have any food on you cause they will jump in your car and take it. They said one cut open a kid and killed him awhile back. They get real scary so you gotta be percautious around them. Again I have a TON of pictures that you will have to see when I get back.

I also got to go on another tour of the city and really see how bad apartide (spelling?) is over here. All the people that were removed from the city to "townships" and forced out of their communities. Its crazy... I saw where Nelson Mandela gave his speech at when he was released from prison among other historical places. Im getting a really good tour of the whole city. It helps when you talk to people cause you get a better understanding of the culture and the people.

since I dont have time I will make a list of things Ive done lately so you can just know whats been going on... Headlines... lol

--------------

Went to a huge concert downtown, a gospel fest... thousands of people
Saw penguins, sea lions, african fisherman
Praying alot for God prescence and laying our plans before him
Went to a child care facility for AIDS babies... awesome stuff
Talked to kids at School of Hope... big needs out here
Electricity on and off all day
Painting with FALKO tomorrow
Did another radio show at the Capetown University
Someone let us use their car for the week!!! THANK YOU!!!

----------------

I hope i can blog more this afternoon. We will see what goes down.
Thanks all for your love and support on this trip. God has been showing me little by little the use for the huge support I got back home. If you didnt know God provided more than enough for this trip. We've been needing lots of money for things like tolls, gas, housing, supplies for workshops and murals. Also my friend Lewis who came on this trip did not have enough money for the trip. One night he and his wife spent 40 minutes on the phone praying which used up all his calling card to the states. The next day (not knowing this) I offered to give him some of the money I recieved for the trip to help finish paying off his ticket. He told me about what had been going on and then called his wife that night and told her. She said that morning at church the message was about faith and how God told her to be faithful.

I wish I could tell you more about all God is doing and showing over here but there is a reason for why I cannot tell you everything now so I will just trust that its ok that I can only give tidbits while im away.

thanks again for the prayers. 7 more days...

carlos...

No comments: