You might remember my trip to El Salvador a few years ago. Well, I was recently asked to flee the country again with Mike Doyle. This time to dj in Panama!Its been pretty cold in states this winter, so heading to 97 degree weather is just awesome. Not only that but to fly out there and be with surfers and skaters all day is another major plus. (more on that later...)
I flew all day yesterday, and landed in Panama at about 9pm. From the airport a guy named Dan picked me up and gave me the run down on Panama. You know, cool facts, junk food and social situations... This is general discussion anytime you fly in to another country. Dan is from New Jersey but has lived here for 7 years reaching out to surfers and working at a school. He told me you could fly here for $350 from Newark NJ... Crazy!!!
Flying in was very cool. They have a nice "coastline" with huge skyscrapers and everything was all lit up.
For the most part this trip will be high class. No rough neighborhoods or sleeping in crazy places. Im actually getting to stay with architect and designer George J. Moreno III. I will try and post some pics of his home later. Just imagine CZ and Monique Zackery's house but in Panama (= bangin! lol).
Anyways today Im just chillin till Mike Doyle gets here from the U.S. I think everyone is out building skate ramps right now. I opted to stay indoors since I dont really know these guys and hanging till lunch sounds better than sweating till lunch. I usually would have gone and checked things out, but I think a month of travel has tainted my excitement to be adventurous... Besides the "house keeper" is making me pancakes right now! How's that for a mission trip ;)
My list of COOL things so far...
1. Staying across the street from the Panama Canal in an architects/designers house
2. Ate Yuca chips and they are delicious...
3. You can use American money and they have American plugs ;)
4. Police men ride dirt bikes 2 at a time with UZI's!!!
5. Whitney Houston's "I Will Always Love You" is playing right now in the house somewhere...
6. Internet SON!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment