Well for a long time its been DIRTY DIRTY... you know... the Dirty South. I made the conversion like 4 years ago or more. All the kids in Texas were listenin to only Dirty South, Texas homegrown music... so i said,"Alright WUT IT DEW!!!"
My first love is HIP HOP though. I grew up on commercial hip-hop. If it was on Yo MTV Raps I was watchin it. The Dirty South scene has given life back to that vibe... the feel of underground mixtapes and artists bringing new flavor... but mannnn...
When I went to Cali this last month Dj DCB and Danny at The Sanctuary (courtesy of Man of War) got me back to vibing true hip-hop... DIRTY DRUMS YA'LL
So for a moment IM BACK. I just talked to Braille at HIPHOPISMUSIC.com and I purchased almost all the releases. I owned Theory Hazit's Xtra Credit "mixtape" and by far that has been my favorite cd in a long while. Othello is sooo amazing. If I ever get that dude on my own mixtape i will be able to quit djing... lovin it all...
It feels good to hear some home grown, pad pushin, samplin HIP HOP. I have to admit I like the boom bap and gritty stuff more than the jazzy feel but the point is... IM BACK and Im ready to represent both sides of ya heard... im a marinate some more before i put out the next mixtape so stay tuned...
BOO YA!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment