So I lost my RANE MIXER today. For all you non dj's out there, thats a 700 piece of equipment that lets me play records on the turntables. Yea... BOOOO!!!!! Is RIGHT!
I flew out to San Diego for rehearsals with a group called Sam Hart who is the lead singer. They asked me to come out help out a camp cause the camp said they wanted a dj... what camp asks for a dj right? Anyways God had warned me before I came out. He even warned me when I said I would actually come to the camp. Almost to the point I turned the event down.
Well those feelings where right. Before I left it was like everything was hard. I mean I know when I step out of God's will sometimes and things get hard, but this was like a battle. Over and over things just kept happening. Everyone needed me, everything I worked on or did wasnt an easy task, I mean they needed me to come in to work for a meeting, my family needed help, a guy actually called me the day before I left and wanted me to come paint his wall cause his landlord was gonna evict him for all the graffiti on the side of the building... HELLO I FLY OUT IN THE MORING SATAN!!!
Ha... right...
So there I am flying to San Diego and nobody can pick me up from the airport... hmm... I finally get a ride, chill at the Syntax Studios and Sam Hart comes to pick me up around 5. We load up the truck, roll down the block and HONK HONK... People are yelling "Your doors are open, something fell out!!!" Wow whats going on. I look back and realize.. THE DOORS ARE OPEN!!!
See Sam Hart drives this Mexico type truck with a camper on the back and double doors in the rear. As Sam was waiting for me to bring a box at the studio he thought I would put it in the back. When I came back with a box of cd's he just jumped in the truck and forget to shut the back doors. So out the parking lot (up a hill and over the bump) my mixer must have flew out on the street. Tim (who heads up Syntax Records) thought he saw the doors open but after few hours of sleep and some pizza he just figured it was fatigue.
Sure enough something feel out, so people in the cars around me are telling me WAY far back something fell out. I run down like two full city blocks and nothing. I call Sam on the cell and he doesnt even know where I ran off to. I told him something fell out and that Im backtracking. We hang up, he checks the back and calls back... ITS THE MIXER BRO!!!
Dag... no way. I keep searching but no luck im too late. It must have fell out and the next batch of cars had to have seen a dope flight case with stickers all over it and swooped it up. BAH!!! No mixer and Im in the hole 700 bucks already.
I ended up going to a Guitar Center and buying a 79 dollar Numark mixer that cut pretty well mind you. The next day I bounced to Cal Sound and Lighting and picked up a used Stanton for 200. Not a bad buy seeing new its 400. The moral of the story is... DONT RIDE WITH SAM.. lol... just playing Sam...
Really though, it was a tough week at this camp. Lot's of stuff kept going wrong with equipment and what not... Even peoples laptops just straight up dying!!! Kaput... You can look at it how you want but it was a very unseen battle. We fought and God hooked it up. Im excited for a new mixer and the overall trip was AMAZING... Ill post up about that more later.
No comments:
Post a Comment