Today I fasted... lets just put that out there first. I only fasted one meal, but it made a world of difference in my day.
I told God that the things I felt coming up where more important than eating, not that I knew what was coming up, but that whatever it was I felt an importance.
I know now your waiting for this huge event (sorry), but there wasnt one. But, if you have read anything on Val's blog you know our neighbors by now. Well other than the fact that the boys are crazy over there and the little girl rings our door bell out of no where, alot happens at this house.
This last few weeks the 14 year olds have been driving the van and new extended cab truck. But the truck got a flat the other day. I fasted today (like I said..lol) and right after work God started setting stuff into play.
We were going to hang out with Martika cause she's moving. We had been texting her and told her around seven we would pick her up. We never got a text back so we came home and just layed around. I was really sleepy, I dont even know what Val did. I knocked out and then we decided to leave. I just got up and was like... "We should go, YOU READY?" Val was like "Yea, lets go!" Again I fasted for this... As I went outside I say the 14 year old trying to change the truck tire! Yea... Boy I was out the door. I told Val and walked across the street.
The cool thing is I know this kid from House of Faith but he runs the street alot so we dont talk much. He's the oldest brother and right now the only "father" there. I asked him if everything was ok and he said he couldnt get the tire off. He then asked me how to get the spare tire off the underside of the truck and also if he had the jack in the right spot (on the leaf spring). I told him no and then started trying to figure out how to get the tire off.
I remembered it was a new truck they somehow owned and thought BAM glove compartment should have the book. From the book we saw that the tire had to come down from the underside of the truck by putting the ignition key in the BUMPER?! and then putting these long metal pieces down a shaft like a key to release the wheel? WOW... ok... now where is the jack and metal pieces. Adrian ran out and started looking with Jorge went and asked his mom.
Out of the silence I hear Adrian... "Carlos, look at this..." Under the seat he found the jack! I got excited and said "YOU FOUND IT ADRIAN, go tell your brother". Now we are set... we lower the tire from the underside like a dove from heaven and start removing the tire. I teach Jorge how to remove the lugnuts and he reminds me that Im turning the tire iron the wrong direction (lefty loosy righty tighty). He also found out how to get the hub off... smart boy.
By now Adrian, Andrew and Jorge are all helping get the truck jacked up and the tire off. I teach Jorge how to line up the lug nuts and how to re-tighten the tire (good thing my dad showed me a couple times). He re-assures the the brothers that even though the truck looks crappy now by Friday the new wheel will be back on. I told him he did a great job and gave him a hug. He just stood there but he was a new man when we were done.
Then Martika calls and said she had been texting us and we hadnt got any of her texts. Wow it was like God set it up for me to help Jorge and just in time to rest and get Martika.
AFTER MARTIKA
So we hung out with Martika (whom I love dearly) and came home. Me and Val hung out some more, played with our laptops and what do you know... DOOR BELL... Val got up to answer and they want cokes... hmmm... tomorrow guys.
Then again the doorbell??? welp whatever.
Then I get up for something and the cops are across the street. We watch through the laundry room door window to make sure the cops dont take anyone and they don't. We go back to the room and Val shows me a movie that I think God is giving me to redo as a modern day skit (just throwing that in there) and then....
DOOR BELL... Its now like 11:00pm. So I told Val to tell them NOT AFTER 9 at night, but you never know what if someones at the door with no arm or letting us know someones dead (that one has happened before you know).
Sure enough Val never comes back to the room. When I go check Ashley calls me saying, "You looking for BAL? She's over her talking to my sister." I go inside and get my shoes on and get Valerie some flip flops cause as you remember We WERE in bed. Jorge is outside too and I ask whats going on. They tell me that their sister and mom got in an argument and now their sister wants to kill herself. She's outside in a ball on the driveway crying and Val is holding her.
I walk over and Val's asking if she wants to talk. Im sitting her now with the front door open so I can hear whats going on. I dont want to cause drama cause I know the Mom's probably not happy right now. So Im waiting to see what goes down. I guess Val's getting to talk with her cause its been like 15 minutes. I hear a van door shut and people talking (or music). Wow... life in a low income neighborhood, who needs a tv?
Seriously though, I enjoy God using us and wow what a relief to have God use your little sister to knock on a neighbors door and say that you are hurting... and for that neighbor you dont even know to come and tell you God Loves You!!!
Yes we can be used in all places, but its hard to save people who are drowning when you dont go swimming. (you like that I just made it up... ;) I should tell my wife that cause she doesnt swim... OH HEAR SHE IS... Dont tell her I said that)
No comments:
Post a Comment