Christmas was cool... I got some stuff and had alot of fun throwing parties.
I did remember what the coolest thing this Christmas was for me and I thought I'd share with everyone...
This kid that I mentor (hes already in college so I guess "young adult") was at my house playing KING KONG over the holidays. As Val and I were getting ready to go to the movies I started thinking... I wonder if he got any presents for Christmas?
I went into the living room and asked, "Did you get anything for Christmas...?" He replied that he got NOTHING... I was like NOTHING!?! Nothing at all... Like NO GIFTS..
He said No and kept playing like it was no big deal.
Wow I thought. Here I was doing all this "Christmas stuff" and I let this person slip right by me. I knew all he had was his mom who he doesnt talk to but I just figured everyone got gifts for Christmas... even if it was JUST ONE? I mean how can you get NOTHING for Christmas. What love does that show?
After we got ready I asked him if there was anything he wanted for Christmas... he said he didnt need anything and I just played it off. He decided to stay and do laundry while we went to the movies and we left him playing King Kong. After the movies we called to make sure he was still at our house and then headed to the store to get BUY PRESENTS!!! On our way home we picked up some cologne, an Ecko Watch, and an electric razor that me and him had been talking about awhile back.
We bought all the wrapping supplies and my wife wrapped everything in the car. We ordered some food called him back to tell him we had food and were almost home.
When we got home we opened the door and suprised him with gifts. He was so excited. He got to open presents and experience "a real Christmas" like he was 10 years old.
It was real dope.
He told us that he's just used to not getting anythying for Christmas sometimes and it wasn't really a big deal. That was sad to me, and I know I like getting gifts... I forget that alot of the kids I work with dont have family... thats why they are up at our work, or for that much, AT OUR HOUSE during the holidays!
God Blessed me with being here in the flesh for a "SON" during Christmas...
Thank you Lord for giving me the opportunity and some extra money to make CHRIST shine in the heart of someone for CHRISTmas.
Talking about this makes me think about all the people out there suffering and longing for God.... Let's keep others in mind and stay in reach of those who need Jesus the most.
Matthew 9:9-13
As Jesus was walking along, he saw a man called Matthew sitting at the tax booth; and he said to him, "Follow me." And he got up and followed him. And as he sat at dinner in the house, many tax collectors and sinners came and were sitting with him and his disciples. When the Pharisees saw this, they said to his disciples, "Why does your teacher eat with tax collectors and sinners?" But when he heard this, he said, "Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. Go and learn what this means, 'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' For I have come to call not the righteous but sinners."
No comments:
Post a Comment