Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Cant go back to sleep... You never KNOW?!

Wow... life is nutz...

Tonite Melissa Guerra called Val and was going crazy on the phone....

Her cousin Katrina (not sure if I spelled her name right) was killed by her boyfriend tonite. He shot her... thats all I know right now.

I tried to go back to sleep but its been hard. I dont know if it's just cause im a guy and now im awake or something... but man..... Its just crazy how you never know when somethings gonna happen to you. I'm encouraged to keep close to Christ but my flesh gets "scared" about life too.

I remember when I fell off that portable goal and busted my face to smitherenes. Or when people I know get in bad car wrecks. This year alot of people I know have died and its kind of scary. The scariest part is not knowing if they knew about God or where they were in their relationship with Christ. I know to those reading that dont believe in God it dont matter anyhow... but it really makes me think alot.

My wife has know this girl for a long time and I guess I have too. She reminded me of when I prayed for her brother who's locked up and soon to get out. I think I remember that time. I do remember Katrina coming on a Thursday night to Refuge Young Adults and her hearing me talk about how God viewed her. How he made her perfect and that he had a plan for her life. She said she never knew things like this about God. She just thought she was supposed to live right and that she was a bad person. I know God was calling her to himself cause that night I asked if anyone wanted to pray about stuff to go to the back with me and I've NEVER done that on a Thursday... it was for her and her cousin Janie though I'm sure of it.

I prayed with her... well actually she prayed to God and re-dedicated her life to him. I dont know what happened after that. Wether she thought about it again or not. I bet she probably did. I started thinking about other kids I lose contact with... and I asked God to forgive me for the times I dont go out reconciling people to him when I lose touch or they dont come around.

Val and I prayed for Melissa and her sister Janie who pretty much grew up with Katrina. I pray that Janie run to God during all this and it draw her closer. I also pray right now that I would not wonder about Janie and where she would spend forever. I'm glad God didnt choose me to pick who gets to spend forever with him cause I'd probably let everyone in Heaven...

Ill try to post up and let everyone know more about Katrina and her family. I guess I should try to go back to bed since its 3:59 in the morning.

Lord give us wisdom...

No comments: