Tuesday, September 14, 2010
YO! KJ Raps - Stuck in the 90's Mixtape
A few months ago I was talking with my long time homie KJ-52. I was asking him if there was any way to get some tracks to put into a mixtape. He told me NO! BUT!!! There was a possibility of doing a mixtape with freestyles and unreleased rhymes. Cool... but now what to do?
I told him my desire to do a 90's mix with different artist remixes and he was feeling it. Especially since he just did alot of 80's and Michael Jackson type "mixtape songs" that bled into the 90's era.
For about a month we went through tracks and he began rhyming over instrumentals. The first chance I had at home I started working on it. I ended up with a folder of over 600 possible tracks. I thought I would get to use most of them, but 100 songs (and one week) later you have the Official YO! KJ Raps "Stuck in the 90's Mixtape".
We played of the latest KJ CAN'T RAP Mixtape theme as well as 1990's TV show "YO MTV RAPS", and came up with a way to feature our own individual talents in a return to the Golden Era of Hip-Hop.
http://djpromote.bandcamp.com/album/yo-kj-raps-stuck-in-the-90s-mixtape
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I like it! :-)
You were AMAZING AND AWESOME AT EXCEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!
I WAS WONDERING IF YOU COULD DJ AT MY SWEET 16???? Heres my facebook btiger942010@yahoo.com and can you let me know PLEASE!!!!!!
Post a Comment