I havent posted a long post in ages. I guess life has been crazy to say the least. I had moved into an "abandon building" that was once a "nunery" then a daycare (check it out). Not only did me and my wife move in but my wife, a five year old girl (+), a 15 year old girl and a 19 year old boy (+). All in this building with very little privacy. Needless to say I didnt have time to BLOG ABOUT LIFE.
I have since moved back into my old house that we were trying to rent out and its just me and my wife now. I learned alot and mostly about boundaries that are needed in marriage. Like I said before, very little privacy. I feel like I've been on vacation since I've moved out....
You can read alot about our life since the move here on the blog and especially on Vals Blog since shes been posting since we moved back to our old neighborhood. We are still ministering but now more than ever as ONE. The biggest PRO about moving has been God MOVING. Like He put a new chapter up around the time I hit the road doing some events with my djing (+).
We are in the middle of finding out the ministry God is calling us to. For the last 5 years for me and 9 years for Val, we had been called to House of Faith, working with youth in San Angelo, TX. This new chapter has opened up areas for a broader ministry. In one scenario God showed me that He was giving me more to offer others and that it would be for more than just the youth I work with in my city. This revelation attached with the ministry of ONEness in our marriage and giving us more victory when we work together. We have seen how by ourselves God shows his greatness but when we tag team things and work together, the outcomes are amazing.
So all that to say, we dont know whats next. We have been open all summer to The Lord's leading in our lives. I had a "cousin" tell me, "You mean now you gotta wait for God to tell you what to do? I think your just comfortable in San Angelo and need to move." Uhhh NO!!! Lol.. .I mean.. .UHHH YES!!! LOL.
Of course you have to let God tell you what to do. I mean if you want to just try things out and bump your head in the dark for years be my guest. I'd rather wait for God to actually call on me and send me. I've looked up some scriptures on being sent and there is big difference when the Lord sends you to do something or calls you to do something. I try to relate to God as my Father and in alot of ways IN THE FLESH. Like when someone calls me, I hear their voice. When I get called on my phone I hear it ring and it says that so and so is calling me. So in the same way I know God will call me by name and then send me to do His will. That's alot more simple than guessing the future. And alot more rewarding when you know what your doing is what you have been called to do.
So again, we dont know what we are going to be doing when school starts. Maybe we will live back at the transitional home (by the way we moved out causing they are doing zone changes and renovations to the place), maybe we will do more outreach, maybe I'll be doing Refuge still... who knows... Im just waiting for God to show me.
Just in the last couple weeks He has given me confirmation to alot of things. Verses He had been showing me months and months ago and ideas He put on my heart about ministry, He actually put people in my path that live these things out. I can go on and on and again, come up with my own ideas, but I know to wait on Him and trust in His the better route.
Well Val just home and I have a headache. I wanted to post some thoughts I got on the church and all sorts of stuff. Maybe later... Im not even spell checking this... LOL... thanks for reading.
No comments:
Post a Comment